My 21st birthday was one of the most, if not the most memorable birthdays to date. Although, for most of it didn't seem to feel like my birthday. Here's why:
From the moment I arose from my bed, the day begun with tiny adversities. Everything seemed to be falling through, a whole day planned and none of it seemed to work out. To sum it up: missionary discussion fell through, dog died, and a few other appointments fell through. However, no matter what plans fell through my family was there by my side through it. By noon, I was feeling pretty discouraged and didn't feel up to doing much of anything. Nevertheless, my family insisted on lunch which was actually quite pleasant regardless of the previous events of the day. The real purpose of my day came later that afternoon when I went through the temple.
I admit I was very nervous and perhaps even a bit scared. I had gone to the temple every Tuesday morning to do baptisms for the dead; yet, I was still nervous regardless of all my preparation. I went through the temple with jitters and a prayer in my heart. Even though it was my twenty first birthday and by law a full fledged adult, I felt like a child when I was going through the temple. Everything was so grand that it made all the things I had been taught feel infantile, as if I hadn't even scratched the surface of what is really there. My favorite part about going through the temple, I would say, was towards the end when I greeted my loved ones in the celestial room. It is how I imagine the Celestial Kingdom would be, being greeted by all of your loved ones knowing that everyone made it there!
Since I have gone through the temple, I have continued to go every week and I am learning more and more every time I go. I love the temple with all my heart and thoroughly enjoy going there every time. It is in the temple that I find I have some of my greatest questions but only to accompanied by the most supreme of answers or a process to strive for understanding and the spirit.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment