Hi everyone,
This week was pretty craazy with transfers. My previous companion, Sister E., was a Temple Square sister that served her outbound here in the NYUM. So I was trained by a temple square sister, ha, now how many missionaries can say that?! On Monday this past week, we had a full and productive day; all of our appointments came through and we taught many lessons that day.
Tuesday was P-day this past week and there was so much to be done that I didn't get a chance to write letters home this past week. Wednesday was transfers and we dropped off my companion at the airport then headed up to Utica for training and transfers. At transfers I saw Elder C. which was cool, we got to talk for a little bit at transfers. Soon after I saw him I met my new companion, Sister S., she is from Fort Collins, Colorado. So far, her and I get along pretty well, she has a very laidback nature about her to just don't worry be happy. It really helps because somedays I feel really discouraged when we haven't been able to teach a lesson despite our efforts, but she is like its okay we will just keep going.
Thursday was a pretty good day, we got a baptismal commitment from an investigator for September 3rd after teaching a lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ. Teaching the lesson we were pretty well balanced which is huge for me, because my other companion used to do most of the talking. I have a really good feeling about this transfer so we will see how it goes. Ha, I used to think when I arrived how weird it was that missionaries measure time by transfers (per-6 week period) but it makes time go faster than just counting month by month.
Friday- we taught 4 lessons and we picked up one new investigator which is cool.
The work is progressing here in the NYUM. Saturday, not too much happened unfortunately but we will keep working.
Sunday- we had a lot of our less actives, recent converts, and an investigator at church so it was an alright Sunday. Normally we have a lot more investigators at church, but life happens.
I have a lot of high hopes for this transfer so we will see how things pan out. That's about it as far as this past week goes, good luck to all those who are getting back into the school routine this year.
This is the first fall semester where I haven't been preparing for school, feels a bit weird but really good not having to worry about that right now. There are much more important things to be focusing on here. In Syracuse we live right next to Syracuse University so I am excited to have school starting again so we can OYM the university and get some new potentials for the Singles Branch here.
Tonight, we[elders and sisters] are teaching the FHE for the Singles Branch tonight, hope it goes well.
So E., the investigator I mentioned last week, we haven't been able to see him this week. We stopped by and have called several times but haven't been able to see him or contact him this week so please keep him in your prayers, that would be amazing! Thanks for all the prayers that come our way, we really appreciate it and can feel the prayers helping us along the way. Alright, well that is really all for this week, ha ha. I know Heavenly Father really does watch over and bless his missionaries, we are his hands and voice out here. I know this gospel brings the greatest happiness anyone could ever want or ask for, but we have to be willing to do our part.
Love,
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment