Hello Everyone,
So this week wasn't super exciting, but there were a couple highlights so I'll focus on those.
Tuesday we did exchanges, I got to go to Fayettville-a neighboring sister area only 15 minutes from the 'cuse. It was a lot of fun to see a different area. They actually had normal (well for being east coast) houses and neighborhoods and people, haha. I got to go visit some of the people Fayettville teach and some of the less actives, it was a lot of fun.
Thursday, E. got his second baptism interview, and he passed! President wanted him to get an interview with the bishop, so we had him do that on Sunday and he passed. We went and met with him after church to get all the details for the baptismal program set to go and he will be baptized this Saturday, November 5 for sure!
Oh and then this past Saturday we (the missionaries) threw a Halloween Party! People from the ward were coming up to us and telling us that this was the most attended Halloween Party they have ever had. We had games for the kids run by the Young Women and YW leaders in the ward, Hot Cocoa and Cider provided by the EQ and served by the scouts, we had everyone decorate their trunks (I decorated our trunk-pics included) and pass out candy, we tried to make it so everyone could be involved. I think everyone had fun, and I am glad a lot of people showed up. We provided prizes for the kids games. There was a less active who moved to Washington and she had a whole box of old McDonalds toys still in there wrapping that someone had given her, so we used those for prizes and the kids loved it.
This week has been a lot of fun, and we still had quite a few lessons which is awesome! Transfer calls are on Saturday so we will find out who stays and goes, but I am 99.99% positive that I will be staying in Syracuse one more transfer. Which means the next transfer I will be leaving Syracuse and next transfer ends right before Christmas on Dec. 21 so keep that in mind if sending packages during that time. Well that's all the news in the 'cuse for now :)
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment