CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Transfer 3 Week 5 Update 11-7-11

Hey everyone!
So this week was good. We got in 16 lessons this week, and then on Saturday we had a baptism!
Oh! We did pick up a sweet new investigator on Thursday her name is C. She feels really prepared to hear the gospel and we will be teaching her more this week.

So I'm going to focus mainly on the baptism. E. got baptized this Saturday and it was a joint baptism with the Elders who had 2 that were getting baptized the same night. 3 were baptized on Saturday evening! So my last companion picked up E. as a Hill Cumorah Pageant referral back in July and it has been an amazing blessing to have been one of the original missionaries to begin teaching him and to be able to continue teaching up all the way up to his baptism on November 5, 2011. With the 3 new baptisms into the ward here, they said that the ward has had 18 new members within the last year which is more than the past 8 years, since 2003. Their record is 27, so if the elders get 5 and we get 5 we can beat it before January hits, hahahaha. That would be sweet!

I know that this gospel is true! I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know that we have a living true prophet on the earth today who is Thomas S. Monson and I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can and is changing the world, one person at a time!

-Sister Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment