Hi Mom!
So here are a couple of important need to know things:
My hair dryer broke. Somehow the plug got wet and now it won't work, so I threw it away. I have been blessed enough that one of the sisters in our room is letting me use hers until we leave. That brings me to my next point, I got my travel itinerary. I leave a week from today! I leave July 5th and I have to be ready at 4am to go to the airport.
So the MTC has gotten better. My companion and I are really trying to work on companionship unity. Having a companion has really tried my faith sometimes, haha. But, I had a thought one day to "push yourself aside and be unified" and that is what I am trying to live by. We have really improved in our teaching. We don't cut each other off as much. She is half Polynesian, so she has a very strong personality and I used to cut her off because I felt she did all the talking. Which she still does a lot of the talking, I just come in whenever she pauses so that way I don't cut her off. I am really trying to focus on serving her, which has been kind of difficult but, eh, oh well that's part of the experience right?
This past week the new mission presidents came in to be trained. With the new mission presidents being trained came a lot of the apostles. There were at least seven apostles that I know of who were here helping train the new MP's. There was a devotional on Friday with Elder Bednar and it was pretty cut throat about missionary work. It was very direct about becoming a preach my gospel missionary. That was really cool to have an apostle speak just specifically to us missionaries. What an experience! Later that day, I actually saw Russel M. Nelson and Richard G. Scott. I was about 5 feet away from Russel M. Nelson, haha, and my companion totally ran into him on accident, that was pretty funny. She was really embarrassed to look up and see that it was an apostle. As missionaries, we are not supposed to approach, shake hands with, etc. with the apostles while they were here so I didn't say hi or anything. It was still cool to see an apostle so close up! It was really amazing!
By the way, I will be sending pictures this week so be looking out for some pictures. I am so sad that I missed the birthday month this year, but let Hazen and Zane know that I love them! I miss you guys so much. Um, well laundry is done so I gotta go. Love you all, and the next time I email I will be in my mission field :P. The time has really gone by fast! I know my Savior lives and that He is always there for me. I am so thankful for the gift and power of the holy ghost, the Lord really does look out for His missionaries. The MTC has been a HUGE learning and growing experience in every way possible. I feel that I have been progressing so much, but it is still difficult at times that's just the way of the MTC though. I can't imagine having to be here for two months! I still wish I was learning a language but I can definitely attest to the fact that the Lord knew what He was doing when He assigned me to an English speaking mission. Although, I feel that I have been relearning Spanish just by being be because of all the Spanish speaking missionaries. I can understand some of what they say and speak a little bit but obviously its not like actually being a Spanish speaking missionary. Well, my time is about up so I gotta go. Love you!
Love,
Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment