Hi Everyone,
So I have survived my first week in the mission. All safe and sound, for the most part. My first area is Syracuse, NY and my companion is Sister E. from Kentucky. She is amazing and I love her so much. She has taught me a lot about being a missionary and about the people here in Syracuse. This first week in Syracuse has been a learning and growing experience in many ways. I am learning to love the people. I am working on a lot to improve as a missionary. All that I am I owe to my Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, and I don't want to disappointment them as a missionary. For some grand reason I don't know, they sent me here to Syracuse, but they gave me an amazing companion that is patient, kind, loving, hard working, diligent and always uplifting and encouraging.
We stay pretty busy here in Syracuse, NY and there are a lot of people here that need the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. My eyes have really been opened just by being here for a week as to how important this great work is. It is a whole new world here, and hopefully I will be able to send some pictures next time but I won't be able to unfortunately. So my new address for letters here for our apartment is:
Sister Stephanie Ann Gifford
502 Ivy Ridge Rd
Apt #13
Syracuse, NY 13210
BTW: We don't get to go to the Hill Cumorah Pagaent here, it is outside of our mission boundaries. However, we still advertise for the pagaent even though we don't get to go to it. Someday, I want to come back and see the pageant and all those wonderful church history sites. We only get to go to the Palmyra temple once on our mission and that is right before we go home. I think the week before we leave back home the mission president will take us on a tour of the church sites and to the temple but that is a long ways away from now.
Anyways, I know that this really is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and I know we are all literal children of God. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be the prophet to usher in the Restoration of this great and last dispensation. I know my Savior lives! And I know that through Heavenly Father our weaknesses can become strengths unto us. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is more real than anything else within our lives. Hope all is well at home. Remember to do your best and let the Lord take care of the rest :).
<3 Love,
Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment