CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Switching Transfers, Into Transfer 5 - 12/27/11

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a wonderful New Year! I can't believe that this year is basically over! I feel like it just started, but at the same time a whole lot has happened that has made it seem quite long in some ways. In January, I started filling out my mission papers and here we are the the end of the year, 6 months out on the mission. Craziness.
Soooo, transfers were a blur. This week was long and it still hasn't been a full week since transfers. Change makes everything seem longer. However, I am adjusting to my new area. I am now in Bennington, Vermont. It is a lot different, but the church is still basically the same. The members are few but very welcoming. There were all of 25 people at church on Sunday that is including the missionaries. Had a wonderful, musical Christmas program that I got to do 3 readings in sacrament meeting. That was fun.
Vermont is very beautiful, and everything here is bursting at the seams with American history. Most of the buildings here have been here since the 1700's and 1800's. There are a ton of less actives here, even more it seems than Syracuse which is hard to comprehend but true. Aside from teaching less actives, we only have less than a handful of investigators that we teach here. But we're working on improving that. Ummm.... I can't think of anything else to add at the moment. Till next week!
Sister Gifford
p.s. I will try to have some pics next week of the new area and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment