CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello! 2-13-12

Hello everyone!
 
Sister Ho. and I are doing great! Her and I have a lot of things in common and we get a long really well together which has been wonderful. She is picking up the area with no problem at all, I feel like I have been blessed with companions that all have an amazing sense of direction. Which if you know me, is definitely a blessing! hahaha. She even corrects me from time to time and what direction I am supposed to go. Through previous companions, I have become more humble in accepting correction which is good, haha. We are going through a new turn over of people to teach. Yesterday, we picked up a new investigator and it was totally unexpected, the best! Sister Ho. and I were going to try someone previously contacted by missionaries and follow up with them. However, the person we were actually looking for wasn't there but her mom was. The mom's name was N. and she invited us in out of the cold (a miracle, no one does that here!). N. was watching her grandkids and we (naturally) are very good with kids so we were talking to them for a bit. I asked her if she knew anything about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and she knew it was the real name for what is called Mormon and had heard the name Joseph Smith. She said she only knew surface information and we asked if we could share more with her. She thought for a second and said sure come and sit down. We taught the grandkids and her, everyone was asking questions and it was an amazing lesson! The spirit was definitely there helping us speak and explain.  She told us that she is trying to find the whole truth or if everyone just has a part of it. We gave her a Book of Mormon and a chapter to read. We invited her to pray and read and find out for herself if the Book of Mormon is true. She said she would and we have another appointment with her next Sunday, since she has a couple different jobs. It was a wonderfully spiritual experience. I really feel that she was sincere when we were teaching her and that she will keep the invitations extended, (cross my fingers). Other than that we have been working really hard on finding and contacting those that needed to be followed up with from previous missionary efforts (checking for growth and seeing if there are any ready to harvest). We have a couple other people that we could potentially start teaching this week, so I will let you know next week. Oh and we are getting a brand new car and trading our car in. Right now we are driving a silver 2009 Toyota Corolla and we will be getting a red 2011 or 2012 Subaru Legacy. Not really sure on the year yet, but still brand new nonetheless. The weather has been high and low, today and yesterday have been really cold. It has been snowing all day and we were planning on getting a car wash today for when we trade it in, ha isn't that always how it goes though. Well, that is all the exciting news for the week. Have a wonderful week!
 
-Sister Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment