CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 6, 2012

Switching Transfers and Comps Once Again...2-6-12

Hi everyone!
 
So this past week was pretty busy between getting ready for transfers, the road trip to transfers and coming back with a trainee. I wasn't sure about training, but I know that Heavenly Father has been helping me every step of the way. I take it one day at a time and that seems to be working well. I take everything one hour, one moment at a time. It really is true that whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. He has been at my side this entire time. My new companion is Sister Ho. from Salt Lake City, UT. She is willing to learn and is the biggest sweetheart you'll ever meet. We get along really well and she is improving every day. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to when I see her progressing as a missionary. In a lot of ways, we are learning together and learning to love the people and place. We both come from similar backgrounds as far as being city/suburban type people and coming to a town and branch here is a culture shock for her... I am still getting used to it myself. I am able to help her through it more though because I feel/felt the same way that she does. I know that everything is in the Lord's hands and that everything will be okay. I have had Sister Ho. take turns in finding opportunities and she is getting better the more she does it, so it is with everything out here basically. I know she's scared, I was too but I know that can be overcome and made into a strength. I have experienced that very thing myself out here. I am so grateful that our weaknesses can be overcome that we may become stronger because of them. The work here is difficult, our investigators seem to be dropping like flies except for a select few. However, we keep going and working and trusting in the Lord... that's really all we can do anyway. Well, that is about it for this week. Hope everyone has a wonderful week... till next time.
 
-Sister Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment