Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
Alma 37:6
Hello Everyone!
This last week was the best week I have ever had in this area and the best week Sister Ho. and I have had in this area!
Our mission president wants all of the missionaries to focus on
Improvement in Every Way by making little improvements day by day. Of
course anyone who knows me knows that is just kind of how I have always
been, trying to do better today than the day before. I love that the
mission president has emphasized this for the entire mission, and it
makes me want to work that much harder. Which we have, Sister Ho. and
I have redoubled our efforts and are working towards redoubling them
again this week. We have been really focusing on tracting this week to
find new people to teach and we tracted this one street on Tuesday that
we had 3 people say that we could come back another time (Sunday, no one
was there so we'll try again another time).
Wednesday was a pretty busy
day, we had a really great lesson with a recent convert and her mom who
is investigating the church. We had felt as though we had done
everything in our power to help them and they weren't putting in the
effort to progress, we thought about dropping both of them because they
were really stagnant. The lesson we prepared for them was out of Alma 32
where it compares faith and the word of God unto a seed.. we then asked
them what happened to the seeds that have been given you? What happened
to your faith and all the knowledge that has been given you? What
happened to you? Do you feel it's been growing or has it withered away
to the dust? (As a visual we gave them literal flower seeds and asked
them, so what are you going to do with the seeds that we've given
you) The spirit was immensely present in the lesson. We asked them if
they trusted God enough to change their ways and repent... we follow up
with them this week so we will see how it goes.
Friday we set a
baptismal date with B., who is the nephew of a reactivated member
S.! He accepted and came to church again on Sunday! B. is 16 and
so far has loved coming to church and we invited him to the mutual activities on Wednesday nights.
Then on Sunday, we had a wonderful
testimony meeting in the branch. The spirit was so strong and many of
the people there bore powerful testimonies. A couple of the kids bore
their testimonies and it was so adorable. One kid D., was telling
that one day he wanted to play with his little sister and she said, "NO!"
He felt sad and went away. A few days later, she asked him if she could
play with him and he said, "no". Then remembering how he felt when that
happened to him, he went over to his little sister and said, "I'm sorry, Zoey"
and she was like, "mmmm.. it's okay." It was a sweet, pure testimony of
saying sorry and doing good to others. They are only like 8 and 6 years
old. I love it when kids bear their testimonies, so simple and pure.
What a wonderful week it's been! This week we've picked up 2 new people
to teach, we had 3 investigators at sacrament meeting! We have 4 people
who are keeping their commitments as we're teaching them, 1 person
who has accepted to be baptized, we've decreased our less active load
and increased the amount of investigators. What a blessed week it's been
and hopefully this new week we're beginning will be just as wonderful.
Also, Happy soon to be Mothers Day!
"..I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God....Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26: 11-12
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment