Hello Everyone!
The best parts of this week were on
Thursday. We have started to have a new meeting called Zone Meeting
where the Zone Leaders have a 3 hour training once a month instead of
going around to the different district meetings. This is aside from Zone
Conference. On our drive up to Malone (1.5 hours away) for our Zone
Meeting, we rode up with the Overton's (the senior couple here) and we had
quite a funny experience or at least I thought it was pretty funny. As
we were talking with Sister Overton, my companion all of a sudden starts
freaking out, shaking her head back and forth with her fingers running
through her hair screaming "Ahhh, there is something flapping it's
wings in my hair!!!" Hahaha! I didn't see anything until a couple minutes
later when a huge grasshopper was on the inside window of the front
passenger seat next to Sister Overton. I nodded my head towards it and
asked if that was what was in her hair and she proclaimed that it was
indeed. Sister Overton turns back to look at it and tried to roll down
her window to let it out of the car, when it jumps onto Sister Overton
and flaps its wings around/on her, hahaha. Sister Overton starts freaking
out and screaming "Get it off! Get it off!" and flailing her arms to
try and get it off of her. "I may be old but I'm still a big girl"
(meaning she didn't like bugs, haha). Now Elder Overton is driving calmly
as if nothing is happening calmly eating his breakfast without even
looking at his companion and I am laughing hysterically in the backseat
at both my companion and Sister Overton freaking out over a grasshopper.
It was a good laughter workout. What a great morning that started out
to be and it was followed by a great training by the Zone Leaders on
having the Spirit with you in lessons and how we can get more of the
spirit. After Zone Meeting, it seemed as if every potential or former we
tried the rest of the day was home and available (that is very rare,
btw). We got to talk to most of the people we had actually planned on
trying to contact and we're invited back for another day for some of
them. It was probably the best day of the week. This week we didn't pick
up anyone new to teach but we're always planting seeds and looking for
the harvest. We finally we're able to get a new branch mission leader on
Sunday, who has served a mission himself so he knows how it goes and is
totally ready to help us improving the branch. Great things are in store
for this area I can feel it, it is going to take a lot of diligence,
patience, and a great amount of the Spirit, but it will get there.
That's about it for this week, I hope you all have a wonderful week and
don't forget to open your mouth to share what you know with others
around you.
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment