CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 19, 2012

Half Way Done Already?!?! 3-19-12

Hello Everyone!
I feel like not a whole lot happened this week, but we keep working hard every day. So here's the week...
We did a lot of tracting and visiting less actives. No new investigators this week but we do have some good potentials with a lot of potential. A cool tracting story from this week:
Thursday, during our weekly planning, we decided to tract a different area from our area maps, outside of Bennington because our area is quite large. So we decided on Manchester and prayed. Then each of us picked out three streets and tried to see exactly where the spirit wanted us to be and we decided on a street. We went to the street the following Saturday and tracted into a really nice lady probably in her 30's I would guess. Funny thing is it wasn't even her house, she was house sitting for some friends on vacay in Europe. We testified of the Book of Mormon and we asked her if she could ask God one question what would it be? We then gave her a portion to read in the BoM in response to her question and set up a return appointment for the next Sunday to go over the reading and how it answers her question. She seems really nice and we hope that this return appointment will go well. That house was one of the first doors we knocked on that street and I know that the spirit guided us there, so I hope there are good things to come of this.
Other than that, we had about 70 people at church on Sunday which for our branch is A LOT. We also had a good number of inactives come to church, there are several people on their way to reactivation this month which is great! We are really trying hard on reactivating the less active around here and if you combine the home and visiting teaching efforts with missionary efforts, great things will be happening in this area. I see the Lord's hand every day here, and I know that prayer and hard work, works. 
-Sister Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment