Hello Everyone,
So this week nearly every appointment
fell through. Also ,the Taiwanese girl we are teaching has been
cancelling appointments and not coming to church or mutual. Needless to
say, we've had better weeks but that is okay because after the trials
and tribulations come the blessings. There were a couple good things
that happened this week, the unplanned/back up planned opportunities.
Thursday morning Sister Ho. and I had planned on checking out a
service opportunity here in Bennington. As we were about to head out the
door for the day that morning, I said to my comp I think we should go
try and see if S. is home. S. is a less active who has some Word of Wisdom
issues and works on Sunday's and throughout the week. She is an older
lady and a relatively recent convert to the church. We usually see her
every week but she has been avoiding our phone calls so we decided to
try and stop by. We walked by her house and her door was open which is
unusual but it was an exceptionally beautiful day outside on Thursday.
We peeked our head in and tried to call out her name to see if she was
around when she was about to come down and take out the trash and
invited us in. We found out that she had been having a lot of doubts
about if she should stay in the church or look else where. She said she
felt guilty coming to church and that people would judge her. Sister
Ho. and I bore powerful witness of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and
how the atonement wasn't set up for perfect people but to imperfect
people. We testified of having faith in Jesus Christ and repentance and
just trying to be better today than you were the day before. That it is
making those little day to day decisions of "I am going to do this
today" or "I won't do that today." It is about continual progression and
knowing that Heavenly Father loves you as His child and will never give
up on you. By the time we left S.'s house there was a complete turn
around in her spirit from when we arrived to when we left. The Spirit
was there testifying and comforting to her. The Spirit was so strong and
I am so grateful to have the ability to recognize and follow the
promptings of the Holy Ghost when they come. I know we were meant to be
there that morning and hopefully the things we talked about will sink
deep into her heart. Another blessing and opportunity we had on Thursday
was we were able to go to see another lady, A., who was recently
reactivated but lately hasn't been coming to church because of family
dilemma's. We also haven't had great contact with her for similar
reasons of not answering phone calls. We found out a relative of hers
had passed away and we testified of the plan of salvation to her and
explained more about the spirit world. I am so grateful to be a
missionary and to be able to have the spirit all the time and to be able
to bring that light and feeling to others. Even just by being with
them, bringing the spirit with us can be a blessing to those we visit
just by showing up. I know that it is by the testing of Faith that it
grows stronger and becomes more ingrained into who we are. I know that
Heavenly Father is aware of each of his children, and that there is
nothing outside of the reach of the Savior's infinite atonement.
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment