CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 15, 2012

Transfer 11 Week 6 Update 10-15-12

Hello Everyone!
 
This week was much service and finding. There were a few other things that happened that were pretty neat though. Thursday, we were able to teach E. about the Restoration and she was very into it, she was taking notes as we were teaching her. I've never seen anyone do that, so it was pretty cool. We were also able to teach this fellow named J., he is a friend of the member family in Tupper Lake. We were able to have the daughter of that member family comes with us to teach him and she bore her testimony about reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know the truth. The spirit was there and I really think that this kid truly does have the ability to get to baptism and endure to the end. 
 
Friday, we worked with another recently converted member of the branch who is the branch missionary of the branch. She is older, and loves to share the gospel but shares too much too soon. So we are working on keeping things short, concise, true. She is really coming along with simplifying her explanations and teaching. Most of the work we do here, aside from the usual tracting, is working with strengthening the missionary work of the branch members themselves. To teach them how to be their own missionaries and make new friends that lead to gospel sharing environments. We are trying to help them get themselves familiar with simply teaching the missionary lessons in Preach My Gospel. 
 
Saturday, we were able to contact some people who used to be taught by missionaries in the past. They hadn't ever been visited by the sisters within the last year. This area has only had sister missionaries a year ago next month. That went pretty good though, talking with the J's and they invited us back this week. I feel that perhaps as President Wirthlin put it, we are having a trial of our faith. Although, I feel like that's most of what this area has been, ha, a trial of faith. Good changes are happening though, and I am excited to be here for another transfer. Well, that's about it for this week. I know that in order to be strengthened, one must be tested. Heavenly Father has specific plans for each of His children, and in order for us to be prepared for what is in store we must be proven to show we are ready for what lies ahead.
 
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
Ether 12:6
 
-Sister Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment