Hey Everyone,
This was probably the best week I've had in
this area of Lake Placid. We were extremely blessed this week and it
begun with a Tremendous Tupper Lake Tuesday. First off, I had prayed for
snow for the past couple days over the previous Saturday, Sunday, and
Monday mornings and Tuesday morning it was snowing, no joke. My
companion wasn't too happy about it but I just giggled because I knew
that those prayers had been answered more quickly than I thought they
would have been. So to me, that day started out with a miracle by
snowing all morning (no worries though, the snow didn't stick to the
ground). We went to TL and we're able to teach a guy names J and we
brought Ja. who is a recent convert teaching with us. We taught him
the Plan of Salvation and kept on telling him how baptism is essential
to the plan and repentance and ended up extending a baptism date to
J for December 15! He said, "Yeah, I can do that"! The spirit was very
prominent in the lesson, which is always the best. We also were able to
meet with a less active that night that had turned away the sisters
after the area switched to sisters from elders. However, they love
Sister La. and I and hopefully from that dinner appointment are more
willing to meet with us and eventually come back to church. So Tuesday
was a pretty great day.
This week we also had exchanges. We exchanged
Thursday evening with the sisters in Glenville, I stayed and Sis. R.
(came out with Sister Ho.) came up to Lake Placid for the exchange
and Sis. La. went to Glenville. We worked a whole day Friday and we
were able to teach 6 lessons, and two of those were taught to people we
picked up as new investigators. We tried a couple people who used to be
taught by missionaries who we ended up picking up again. The other four
were less active members of the branch. No rejection on Friday, it was
pretty sweet.
Then Saturday, we ended up exchanging back to our usual
companions. It was a great exchange for all four of us sisters. Then
yesterday on Sunday, we ended up teaching someone new as a result of a
miscommunication, haha. Story behind that is, we called Sister W who
we were told was having some health issues so we called to see if we
could stop by and visit with her. She though we were calling to meet
with her nephew, haha, and so she asked if C would be around to
meet with us. So she calls us later to let us know it's okay to come by,
and we end up meeting with her and C who isn't a member of the
church. It was a pretty interesting meeting but it went okay and he
totally felt the spirit as we were teaching him. Then, when I said the
closing prayer and I prayed for him and Sister W and I thought I
heard him chuckling, he might have been laughing at some phrasing of my
prayer but when I closed the prayer, I looked up and he was
actually crying because he was so touched that we prayed for him. They
want to meet with us again on Wednesday and he said he would read the
Book of Mormon and pray about it. After we met with them, we went over
to a lady who was recently baptized and who's husband was injured badly
overseas and so we went and listened and comforted her. Her son had
gone to a district priesthood meeting so we didn't want her to be alone
at a time like this. Us and Sister T, who is part of the senior
couple here, took her dinner and talked with her, but mostly just listened
to her.
So it was a pretty great week, we accomplished most of our
goals and even exceeded a few of them =). Some pictures from exchanges
are included. I hope everyone never forgets that all blessings and
goodness comes from Heavenly Father and nothing we accomplish is ever
our own it is by Heavenly Father that all good things are accomplished.
We of ourselves have nothing to boast but we can glory in our God!! May
we always remember our dependance on our Savior as well as our loving
Father in Heaven. They love us with a perfect love, and they have joy
when we have joy even in the little things.
-Sister Gifford




No comments:
Post a Comment