Hey Everyone!
This week was a whirlwind. Time becomes so
warped when you are transferring to a new area. I am now in Glenville,
New York. We cover Schenectady (try saying that one haha), Glenville,
Clifton Park, and a couple other places. Transfers were good, I didn't
go to Utica though. Sister Ho. and I met up with the other sisters in
Glenville. It went pretty smooth and not long after everyone got there
we had to be off to an appointment so it was off to work we went. The
members of the ward here made sure to provide a bed for me which was
nice it was all set up when I arrived. There is also a nice little desk
space in the apartment for my to study. Glenville sisters have the
largest sisters apartment in the mission hence why I was sent here.
Sister Ha. and Lov. came out a transfer before I did but Sister L. is
going home the same time as I am. I have served with Sister Ha. in
Bennington and I have served with Sister L. on exchanges a couple
times so each of us have taught together at one time or another. Which
is really nice that we know each other and are familiar with one
anothers' teaching styles. It makes being in a trio a little easier, but
it is still pretty crazy nonetheless. The morning routine is interesting
between 3 sisters. They have it all worked out though. The mission
isn't short a sister, it just got a new one. There were 14 of us and now
there are 15, at least for this transfer. Next transfer will even things
out though because 2 sisters are leaving and we are getting another
sister. So next transfer we will be back at 14 again. I'm pretty much
settled into this area. The ward is really big- its a west coast sized
ward. I figure I can get through the culture shock to a normal sized
ward now so when I return the culture shock going to my home-ward won't
be so bad. I'm adjusting. We are having two baptisms this Saturday which
will be awesome. I have got to teach both of the investigators being
baptized in the trio. I don't have a whole lot of time to include more
details but I will try to write more next week. Also wasn't able to get
any pictures downloaded to send, hopefully next time.
-Sister Gifford
P.S. my new address is
15C Ashdown Rd
Ballston Lake, NY
12019




No comments:
Post a Comment